GAWDA Scholarships Program
The GAWDA Foundation Scholarship was created in 2011 for the purpose of providing support to recipients during their formal education. The amount available varies from year to year.
The GAWDA Foundation Scholarship is available to children and employees of active GAWDA member companies. The goal of the GAWDA Foundation is to promote education within the Gases and Welding Industry. Therefore the Trustees make the decisions regarding use and distribution of the funds available.scholarship-application-form-2017
Your support is needed to keep the scholarship program alive.
We are now running the scholarship fund drive in conjunction with the SMC and the scholarship awards program. almost 50 scholarships have been awarded since the program began. In 2013, eleven were awarded, in 2014, fifteen were authorized and fourteen were awarded and in 2015, fifteen were authorized and twelve were awarded. In 2016, 10 were awarded.For 2017 GAWDA will match member donations, up to $25,000, to support this worthwhile program. Your donation demonstrates to your employees and to fellow members your commitment to advancing education for the future of our industry.
The GAWDA Scholarship will be awarded to children and employees of active GAWDA member companies. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements (the requirements listed are just for your consideration). The selection committee should review these sample requirements and include additional requirements you feel will establish your desired applicant pool.
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma.
- Applicant must have a “2.5” overall grade point average if pursuing a degree program.
- Applicant must provide a letter of reference indicating how they will use their related education.
- Student may be enrolled full time or part time.
- For students with a financial need; Proof of financial need is required to qualify for special consideration. (See section labeled Consideration for “Financial Need”)
- Applicant must submit all required application information
- Applicant must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and plan to attend an academic institution located within the United States.
- Applicants may reapply. Persons who have received this award may reapply for future consideration.
- Persons may not be considered if the GAWDA company membership lapses.
The Foundation does not discriminate by
age, race, color, national origin, disability, creed, or gender.
All awards are for tuition fees only, and will be deposited into your school account;
- Funds may be used toward selected studies tuition only.
- This scholarship award is intended to be in addition to any other scholarship assistance for which the awardee might be eligible, and not as an offset or reduction from such other assistance.
- If the student should choose to discontinue his/her studies, then any remaining balance of funds will be returned to the GAWDA Scholarship Program.