2022 GAWDA Scholarship Program Contribution Form
Fifteen scholarships of $2,000 each are available this year.
We are now running the scholarship fund drive for our 2022 scholarship awards program. We have awarded 113 scholarships, representing $226,000 in educational assistance funds to our members, since the program’s inception in 2013.
In 2013, eleven were awarded; in 2014, fifteen were authorized and fourteen were awarded; in 2015, fifteen were authorized and twelve were awarded; in 2016, ten were awarded; in 2017, eleven were awarded; in 2018, twelve scholarships were awarded; in 2019, thirteen scholarships were awarded; in 2020, fifteen scholarships were awarded; and again in 2021, fifteen more scholarships were awarded.
See video below to meet our 2021 scholarship awardees.
For 2022 GAWDA will match member donations, up to $25,000, to support this worthwhile program. Your donation demonstrates to your employees and to fellow members your commitment to advancing education for the future of our industry.
Please click here to download the GAWDA Scholarship Program Donation Form.
2022 Scholarship Application Package
** Now Open **
The GAWDA Scholarship was created in 2011 for the purpose of providing support to recipients during their formal education. The amount available varies from year to year.
The GAWDA Scholarship is available to children and employees of active GAWDA member companies. The goal of the GAWDA Scholarship is to promote education within the Gases and Welding Industry. Therefore, the Trustees make the decisions regarding use and distribution of the funds available.
The GAWDA Scholarship will be awarded to children and employees of active GAWDA member companies. Click here to download the application package.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements (the requirements listed are just for your consideration). The selection committee should review these sample requirements and include additional requirements you feel will establish your desired applicant pool.
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have at least a high school diploma.
- Applicant must have at least a “2.5” overall grade point average if pursuing a degree program.
- Applicant must provide a letter of reference indicating how they will use their related education.
- Student may be enrolled full time or part time.
- Applicant must submit all required application information
- Applicant must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and plan to attend an academic institution located within the United States.
- Applicants may reapply. Persons who have received this award may reapply for future consideration.
- Persons may not be considered if the GAWDA company membership lapses.
- Applications must be postmarked by February 25, 2022.
The GAWDA Scholarship Program does not discriminate by
age, race, color, national origin, disability, creed, or gender.
All awards are for tuition fees only, and will be deposited into your school account;
- Funds may be used toward selected studies tuition only.
- This scholarship award is intended to be in addition to any other scholarship assistance for which the awardee might be eligible, and not as an offset or reduction from such other assistance.
- If the student should choose to discontinue his/her studies, then any remaining balance of funds will be returned to the GAWDA Scholarship Program.
Please click below to download the 2022 GAWDA Scholarship Application.
Please contact Bruce Ellenbogen at 954-367-7728, ext 230 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional information on the GAWDA Scholarship Program.