Thank you to those you applied this year!
Winners will be notified in September and announced at our Annual Convention in October.
Career Advancement Opportunity
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1, 2023
Click here to download the application and apply today!
- For the Women within the GAWDA Community – The new Women of Gases & Welding (WGW) Educational Grant Program will provide financial support to two GAWDA female members to attend the University of Innovative Distribution (UID) in March 2024. The UID is a concentrated educational program focused on the unique needs of the wholesale distribution industry. Courses are grouped in Education Tracks based on theme, such as Management, Operations, Marketing, Distribution Strategy, Sales and more. The UID experience is designed to enhance and fortify your knowledge, skills, and abilities with hands-on experience to support immediate application into your work environment. This is a direct benefit for your employee, your company, and our industry. A TRIPLE WIN!!! For more details about the University of Innovation Distribution and the courses offered, visit them at https://www.univid.org/aws/AEA/pt/sp/UID_home_page
- $2,795 total awarded to each WGW Educational Grant Recipient. This includes the $1,295.00 to registration fee and $1,500 to cover travel and expenses.
- 2 grants will be given every year
Grant Recipient Selection Process:
- Applicant must be a GAWDA member or employee of a GAWDA member.
- Applicant must be a female.
- Applicant must provide a letter of reference from their employer.
- Applicant must include an essay explaining how they will use this education in their professional life.
- June 1 – August 1, 2023: GAWDA WGW Accepting Applications
- August 1, 2023: Application Deadline
- August 2 – September 1, 2023: Review of Applications/Select Recipients
- September 2023: Notify Recipients
- GAWDA Annual Convention October 1-4, 2023 (Maui, HI): Announce Recipients
- October 2023: University of Innovative Distribution Registration Opens
- March 2024: Recipients attends UID
We are very excited to be offering this program to GAWDA members. This has been a dream/goal of WGW committee members for some time.
Please contact Natasha Alexis at email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.