GAWDA Member Get-A-Member Recognition Program Rules
ANNUAL PROGRAM PERIOD and ELIGIBLE MEMBER CATEGORIES
• The annual program period for the “Recognition Program” is between Annual Conventions.
• After the presentation ceremony at the Annual Convention, a new reporting period begins for the following year.
• Only new “Distributor” and “Supplier” member categories will be counted. A new member is any company that has either never been a GAWDA member or has not been an active member for 2 or more years.
• Individuals and Manufacturers Representatives, while welcome to join GAWDA, are not included for this program.
• Sponsors must be employed by an active GAWDA member company to qualify.
• There can only be one sponsor per new member.
• The “sponsor name” on the new member application form will be listed as the official sponsor.
• If no sponsor name appears on the new member application form, GAWDA Staff will call the new member for a name. If no name is given and there is an Issues regarding claims for sponsorship, GAWDA staff will make a final determination based on the information available.
NEW MEMBER ANNOUNCEMENTS
• New members (and their sponsors) are announced each month in both the GAWDA Connection e-newsletter and in the quarterly Welding & Gases Today, magazine.
SPONSOR RECOGNITION AND AWARDS AT THE ANNUAL CONVENTION and GIFT CARD DISTRIBUTION
• The member who sponsored the most number of new members in an annual period will be presented with a plaque, on stage, by the GAWDA President, as well as having their name prominently displayed on the big screen as well.
• A list of all sponsor members and their corresponding new member, will be displayed during the business sessions “award ceremony” at the each Annual Convention.
• Any member, who sponsors a Distributor member, will receive a $100 Visa gift card for each new member they sponsor. Sponsor gift cards will be mailed at the end of each Annual reporting Period. GAWDA staff will contact the sponsor as to where to mail the gift card.