2020 GAWDA Professional Compliance Seminars
October 27-29, 2020
Click HERE for Seminar Information and Registration Form
Come join us and hear about preparing for and surviving FDA, DOT and OSHA compliance audits. This seminar also features presentations on Weldcoa’s Pump Protection and advanced CO2 technology. Register Today!
Tuesday, 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM: Tom Badstubner/Andre Marte
FDA Drug/Food/Bev Audit Survival
- Latest FDA enforcement trends
- Drug and Food Gas Self-Assessment Tools
- Food/Bev Gas Compliance Exceptions for small businesses
– “Qualified Facility” status
- HARPC and Supply-Chain Programs
- RPVs and cylinder inversion issues
- Other key issues (housekeeping, pest control, allergen, sanitation, registration, training, etc.)
- How to respond to an unreasonable FDA inspection (CGA PS-42)
- FDA Guidance – Delaying, Denying, Limiting, or Refusing a Drug Inspection
- Drug/Beverage/Food Gas GMP Training resources
- Data Integrity
Wednesday, 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM: Mike Dodd
Surviving a DOT Audit
- Suggested DOT Filing System
- Driver Qualification Files
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Security Plan Updates
- Vehicle Maintenance Files
- DOT Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse
- Hazmat / Security Awareness / Security In-depth Training (Train-the-trainer and certified training)
- DOT Compliance Q&A and Discussion
Thursday, 8:00 AM- 12:00 PM: Marilyn Dempsey
Surviving an OSHA Inspection
- What is on the Inspection Agenda
- Most requested records for inspection
- How to respond to an OSHA letter
- OSHA’s COVID-19 Inspection Process
- Top OSHA violations
- Overview of EPA requirements for Fill Plants
- Overview of DHS requirements for the Gases and Welding supply industry
Thursday, 1:00 PM- 5:00 PM: Weldcoa
Weldcoa will be presenting on two trending topics that are taking a lead this fall in our industry.
Our first discussion will be on pump protection. More and more cylinder filling plants are making the investment to provide a protection package to their high pressure pumps. They are seeking solution that will extend the life of the pump, lower maintenance costs, and provide for reliability. The cost of an unplanned pump shut down can really add up and potentially lead to a lost customer. We will discuss the different options that are available for a pump protection and the benefits of each. If your plant doesn’t have these pump features then this presentation will show the return on investment of having this.
Our second discussion will be on the new innovations Weldcoa has developed to support the growing demand for CO2 supply. Particularly in applications such as research and development projects, machining and drilling and of course, the hot market of extraction. We have developed equipment and controls to supply Carbon Dioxide to our customers in a wide range of phases from gas to cryogenic liquid to supercritical fluid. Our solutions have provided immediate and long-term value across many applications in several industries. Supercritical CO2 is becoming an important commercial and industrial solvent due to its role in chemical extraction in addition to its low toxicity and environmental impact. New applications for the use of sCO2 have recently emerged as the extraction solvent for the creation of essential oils and other herbal distillates, as well as the fast-growing cannabis market, where it is often the preferred choice given its clean process of removing unwanted impurities. The relatively low temperature of the process and the stability of CO2 also allows most compounds to be extracted with little damage or denaturing. In addition, the solubility of many extracted compounds in CO2 varies with pressure, permitting selective extractions.
We hope you join us for these presentations.