Mission – To enhance the success of women in the gases and welding industry
Provide opportunities for women within the GAWDA membership to establish relationships that support personal and professional development
Provide opportunities for women in the gases and welding industries at large through educational advancement
Provide opportunities for women throughout the gases and welding industries
Foster a more diverse and inclusive environment for women in the gases and welding industries.
Judy Miller, Committee Co-Chair, WESCO Gas & Welding Supply
Sue Reiter, Committee Co-Chair, Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
Colleen Kohler, Noble Gas Solutions
Melissa Heard, Weldcoa
Allyson Kostalnick, Superior Products
Monica Pfarr, American Welding Society
Linda Smith, Chemweld, Inc.
Liz Standley, ILMO Products, Inc.
A New Career Advancement Opportunity
APPLICATION PERIOD OPENING JUNE 2023
Click here to download the application and apply today!
- For the Women within the GAWDA Community – The new Women of Gases & Welding (WGW) Educational Grant Program will provide financial support to two GAWDA female members to attend the University of Innovative Distribution (UID) in March 2024.
- The UID is a concentrated educational program focused on the unique needs of the wholesale distribution industry. Courses are grouped in Education Tracks based on theme, such as Management, Operations, Marketing, Distribution Strategy, Sales and more.The UID experience is designed to enhance and fortify your knowledge, skills, and abilities with hands-on experience to support immediate application into your work environment. This is an direct benefit for your employee, your company, and our industry. A TRIPLE WIN!!!
For more details about the University of Innovation Distribution and the courses offered, visit them at https://www.univid.org/aws/AEA/pt/sp/UID_home_page
- $2,795 total awarded to each WGW Educational Grant Recipient. This includes the $1,295.00 to registration fee and $1,500 to cover travel and expenses.
- 2 grants will be given every year.
Grant Recipient Selection Process:
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a GAWDA member or employee of a GAWDA member.
- Applicant must be a female.
- Applicant must provide a letter of reference from their employer.
- Applicant must include an essay explaining how they will use this education in their professional life.
- June 1 – August 1, 2023: GAWDA WGW Accepting Applications
- August 1, 2023: Application Deadline
- August 2 – September 1, 2023: Review of Applications/Select Recipients
- September 2023: Notify Recipients
- GAWDA Annual Convention October 1-4, 2023 (Maui, HI): Announce Recipients
- October 2023: University of Innovative Distribution Registration Opens
- March 2024: Recipients attends UID
Please contact Natasha Alexis at email@example.com with any questions.
We are very excited to be offering this program to GAWDA members. This has been a dream/goal of WGW committee members for some time.
2023 Annual Convention in Maui, HI
Sunday, October 1 – Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Grand Wailea, 3850 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, HI 96753
The GAWDA Annual Convention is on the beautiful island of Maui, HI this year. The WGW and Young Professionals Committees will host a joint event on Tuesday, October 3, 2023.
- This event will be open to all GAWDA members, both men and women.
- WGW events traditionally sell out quickly. So, sign up as soon as GAWDA Headquarters releases the info later this summer.
- More details to come
Virtual WGW Roundtable Events:
Network, learn and benefit from the shared knowledge and experience of fellow female GAWDA members through moderated dialogue – without leaving the comfort of your own surroundings.
We plan on offering two Virtual “Zoom Chats” lead by a few of the WGW Committee Members.
- 1-Hour Long
- Free and Open to Any Female GAWDA Member
- We will be using a Connection Activity to facilitate the process of sharing with one another quickly through a series of questions.
The goal of this Virtual Roundtable Event is to get to know one another better, to share tips or encouragement and to build stronger relationships within your GAWDA Community. More details to come. If interested, please email Melissa Heard at Melissa@weldcoa.com.
Resources for Women Owners
- Small Business Administration
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- How to become a certified woman-owned business
- Women in Manufacturing
Education and Executive Training
- Executive Program for Women Leaders
- The Women’s Leadership Forum
- AWS Foundation http://www.aws.org/about/page/scholarships
- College Scholarships For Women http://www.collegescholarships.org/women.htm
Let us know if this information is valuable to you and tell us what other kinds of information you would like to see.