GAWDA 2023 Scholarship
Applications are closed for 2023. Congratulations to our winners!
We look forward to seeing you in 2024!
It is our pleasure to announce that GAWDA
will be issuing 15 scholarships of $2,000 each available for Fall 2023.
The awards will be announced at our
Spring Management Conference, May 6 – 8, in Philadelphia, PA.
The GAWDA Scholarship was created in 2011 for the purpose of providing support to recipients during their formal education. The amount available varies from year to year.
The GAWDA Scholarship is available to children (18+) and employees of active GAWDA member companies. The goal of the GAWDA Scholarship is to promote education within the Gases and Welding Industry. Therefore, the Trustees make the decisions regarding use and distribution of the funds available.
The GAWDA Scholarship will be awarded to children and employees of active GAWDA member companies.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age. Consideration is given to students younger than eighteen but attending a college or university.
- Applicant must have at least a high school diploma and be enrolled in a college or university.
- Applicant must have a 2.5 overall grade point average (GPA) if pursuing a degree program.
- Applicant must provide a personal statement indicating what their future goals and aspirations are and how their course of study relates to it.
- Applicant may be enrolled full time or part time.
- A letter of reference from the GAWDA member company supervisor or human resources (HR) documenting employment verification and/or relationship of student to the GAWDA Member Company.
- Applicant must submit all required application information by the stated deadline to be eligible for consideration.
- Applicant must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and plan to attend an academic institution located within the United States.
- Applicants may reapply. Persons who have received this award may reapply for future consideration.
- Persons may not be considered if the GAWDA company membership lapses.
The GAWDA Scholarship Program does not discriminate by
age, race, color, national origin, disability, creed, or gender.
All awards are for tuition fees only, and will be deposited into your school account;
- Funds may be used toward selected studies tuition only.
- This scholarship award is intended to be in addition to any other scholarship assistance for which the awardee might be eligible, and not as an offset or reduction from such other assistance.
- If the student should choose to discontinue his/her studies, then any remaining balance of funds will be returned to the GAWDA Scholarship Program.
Please click below to download the 2023 GAWDA Scholarship Application.
Applications must be postmarked by March 3, 2023.
DEADLINE EXTENDED — Applications must be postmarked by MARCH 17th (Friday)!
Please contact Bruce Ellenbogen at 954-367-7728, ext 230 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional information on the GAWDA Scholarship Program.
2023 GAWDA Scholarship Program Contribution Form
Fifteen scholarships of $2,000 each are available this year.
We are now running the scholarship fund drive for our 2023 scholarship awards program. We have awarded over 120 scholarships, representing over $226,000 in educational assistance funds to our members, since the program’s inception in 2011.
For 2023 GAWDA will match member donations, up to $25,000, to support this worthwhile program. Your donation demonstrates to your employees and to fellow members your commitment to advancing education for the future of our industry.
Please contact Bruce Ellenbogen at 954-367-7728, ext 230 or email@example.com if you need assistance with or have questions about GAWDA Scholarship Program Donations.